Do you want to enjoy summer everyday? You can with this simple dish as bright as the summer’s sun.
Watch as Chef J-F shows us how to make a quick and juicy Tomato and Nectarine Salad with grilled Scallops that will melt in your mouth.
See recipe below.
Tomato and Nectarine Salad
1 heirloom tomato, cut in 1/8
1 nectarine, cut in 1/8
1/4 red onion, thinly sliced
freshly ground black pepper to taste
8 pieces of scallop
1 cup of sherry vinaigrette (see below for the recipe)
- In a bowl, mix tomatoes, nectarines, red onion and fresh basil with sherry vinaigrette.
- Set aside to marinate for 1–2 hours.
- Before serving, slightly grill scallops to cook or leave raw, if desired
- Plate and drizzle with some extra virgin olive oil and enjoy!
Makes 2 servings.
3 tbsp Dijon mustard
1/2 cup Sherry vinegar
1 cup Extra virgin olive oil
Salt, to taste
Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Whisk oil, vinegar, and mustard in a serving bowl until well combined.
- Season to taste and serve.
Makes approx. 1 1⁄2 cups.
Can be stored in refrigerator for up to 2 weeks.