Lobster Provençal is a whole Atlantic Lobster roasted in the oven with house made Virgin Sauce. The Virgin Sauce was created by Chef JF exclusive to Provence Marinaside, as it contains all the “virgin” ingredients of the South of France. It is light, fresh and versatile with flavours emphasised by extra virgin olive oil to complement many dishes including the Lobster Provencal.
Ready to entertain your guests with this simple delicacy? Watch to see Chef JF show us how to make Lobster Provençal.
See recipe below.
4 lobsters cut in ½ and clean (ask your seafood store)
4 tbsp butter
2 tbsp garlic, chopped
salt to taste
freshly ground black pepper to taste
½ cup white wine
1 cup of virgin sauce (see below for the recipe)
½ lemon, sliced in quarters
¼ cup fresh herbs, chopped
- Place lobsters in a roasting pan.
- Add butter, garlic, virgin sauce, lemon slices, salt and pepper to taste.
- Roasted for about 10 to 14 min in the oven at 450ºC.
- Take out, deglaze with white wine and slightly reduce.
- Add fresh herbs and serve.
Makes 4 servings.
4 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
4 medium tomatoes, diced small
5 fresh basil leaves, julienned
2 cloves garlic
1 lemon, juiced
salt, to taste
freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- In a bowl, mix all ingredients until well combined.
- Season with salt and pepper serve.
Makes approx. 1 1⁄2 cups.
Can be stored in refrigerator for up to 3 days.
If you have ever held back from eating this delicacy because you weren’t quite sure how to peel them, this video is for you. Watch as Chef JF shows us the proper way to peel a Wild BC Spot Prawn.